Adre 'Psycho' Baroz sought in case of human remains

Suspect Adre Jordan "Psycho" Baroz. Photo of one of the crime scenes, courtesy of the Conejos County Sheriff's Dept.

Three bodies confirmed by forensics

LOS SAUCES– Authorities are asking for the public’s assistance in locating Adre Jordan “Psycho” Baroz, 26, who is a suspect in the discovery of three sets of human remains near here in Conejos County over the past nine days. He is considered armed and dangerous.

At a press conference Wednesday morning, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and local law enforcement officials confirmed that a forensic anthropologist has determined that remains found are from three different individuals whose identities are unknown at this time.

Monte Vista Police Chief George Dingfelder said it could be “weeks if not months” before the victim’s identities are learned and that the skeletal remains may not be associated with missing persons reports out of Monte Vista and Alamosa. He added that not even the gender of the victims can be determined at this time.

A task force of local law enforcement and CBI was formed last week after one set of human remains was found on a property near Los Sauces.

Conejos County Sheriff Garth Crowther said his department had requested assistance from CBI on Nov. 10 to conduct a search warrant on one of the properties and discovered the first remains. It was later revealed that the warrant was related to possible stolen vehicles and other goods, but it was not confirmed if Baroz is a suspect in that crime nor if the two crime scenes are owned by him.

The task force conducted a second search on Friday, Nov. 13 when the other two sets of remains were found.

Alamosa Police Chief Ken Anderson identified Baroz as the “clear suspect” in the case and that there is an active homicide warrant for his arrest.

“The goal is to get him off the streets,” Anderson said. “All suspects are innocent until proven guilty and he will have his day in court.”

Anderson said it is still an active investigation and that it’s too early to speculate that there is a “serial killer” on the loose as some media outlets have stated.

The crime task force is asking the public for help in the case and have established a tip line where callers can remain anonymous if they wish; 719-270-0210.

Chris Schaefer, CBI deputy director, said his agency is still processing the crime scene and reiterated that the “number one goal is to get Baroz in custody.” Chief Dingfelder said although the properties are still being searched, there is no indication that additional remains will be found.

CBI Director John Camper thanked all of the departments involved in the investigation including the Colorado Department of Fire Prevention and Control that provided air support. Sheriff Crowther added that local law enforcement have “worked themselves to exhaustion.”

Camper noted that the situation will be traumatic for the families of missing persons even if the remains found are not related and asked the media to be respectful of the families.

Chief Anderson concluded that the San Luis Valley is “a tight knit community. Most of us grew up here.

“We don’t see cases like this very often,” he said, “and keeping the community safe is our number one priority.”

Advertisement


Video News