Alamosa Police Department activity from Aug. 14 to Aug. 25, 2023
The following activity was reported by the Alamosa Police Department (APD) for a period of time from Aug. 14 to Aug. 25, 2023.
In terms of citations for speeding, APD issued a total of 23 citations for driving over the posted limit, including one for speeding 1-4 mph over the limit, 15 for speeding 10-19 mph over the limit (including 2 for speeding in a pedestrian or construction zone) and seven for speeding 20-39 mph over the limit.
Other traffic violations leading to citations included:
- seven citations for failing to stop at a stop sign;
- four citations for careless driving, including three for careless driving causing bodily injury;
- three citations for improper changing lanes;
- one citation for failing to obey a traffic signal;
- one citation for following too closely;
- six citations for an uninsured vehicle;
- two citations for an unregistered vehicle;
- four citations for driving under restraint;
- five citations for expired plates and one for fictitious plates;
- one citation for reckless driving;
- one citation for no mirrors and one citation for a vehicle with no stop lights.
An additional citation was issued for unauthorized camping and two citations were written for a dog running at large, one of which was the owner’s second violation. An individual was also cited for burning within the city limits plus another person was cited for trespassing.
Additional APD activity over the past two weeks included the following.
- Celco Urbana, 49, of Alamosa was cited for second degree assault, false imprisonment and domestic violence.
- Cesar Rosales, 30, of Center was cited for driver’s vision obstructed and possession of controlled substance.
- Alexander Ulibarri, 21, of Alamosa was cited for theft $1,000-$1,999 and third-degree burglary.
- Michael Quintana, 24, of Alamosa was cited for domestic violence, second-degree kidnapping, obstruction of telephone and false imprisonment.
- Gary Sisneros, 42, of Alamosa was cited for theft $5,000-$19,000 and criminal attempt.
- Allen King, 21, of Alamosa was cited for unlawful possession of a controlled substance, second-degree assault on a police officer, obstruction x2 and speeding 20-24 mph (county).
- Roberto Felix, 32, of Alamosa was cited for third degree assault and domestic violence.
Two juvenile males — ages 11 and 13 and both from Alamosa — were cited for theft $300-$999.
- Tara Muncy, 39, of Alamosa was cited for criminal attempt, third-degree burglary and criminal mischief and unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
- Veronica Durgan, 21, of San Luis was cited for DUI-alcohol and obstruction.
- Lance Salazar, 34, of Alamosa was cited for theft under $300 and trespassing.
- Randy Gonzales, 31, of Alamosa was cited for unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
- Unique Maldonado, 24, of Alamosa was cited for unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
- Edward Mccrorie, 78, of Denver was cited for DUI-drugs.
- Bobby Terry, 44, of Alamosa was cited for criminal mischief of a business.