ALAMOSA — The Alamosa Senior Citizens would like to thank all of those who volunteer their time teaching classes and providing services! Thanks to Karen Stills – Line Dance Instructor, Chayne Boutilette – Chair Yoga Instructor, Linda Falkenthal – Computer Consultant, Alliance Industries (Wayne Santisteven) – Donated striping the front parking lot!, Rick Wertz – Free Ear Acupuncture twice a week, County Nurses – Blood Pressure Checks, Mary Dereng – Leading the Craft Projects, Sarah McDonald – Games Master, Tina Melton – Bingo Caller! You all are special to us and words don’t express how much we appreciate your kindness and generosity!!
The Annual Christmas Bazaar takes place on December 2nd from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Join us for breakfast burritos (sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, green chili & cheese) $7 & homemade cinnamon rolls $2. Silent auction items, hand crafts & baked goods are available for purchase from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Raffle drawing takes place at 1 p.m. Prizes include: 1st - “Barnyard boss” framed painting donated by Jim Gilmore, 2nd - “Social Circle Blues” handmade quilt donated by Rhonda Borders, 3rd - $50 Amazon Gift Card, 4th-$25 Gift card donated by Valley Meat. Tickets are $3 for one & $10 for five. Stop by the center to purchase yours!
We are accepting silent auction or craft items for our Dec 2nd Annual Christmas Bazaar. Please drop them by the Center M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. or Fri 8 a.m.-2 p.m. As always, we appreciate your donations so very much! Thank you!! Baked items or Christmas goodies may be brought the Friday before or Saturday morning.
Wednesday, November 8thth Kasey Hill, SHIP Coordinator from South Central Colorado Seniors will be here to counsel anyone wishing to better understand their options during Medicare Open Enrollment. We have 45-60 minute slots available from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Please call to schedule your appointment.
Thursday, November 9th @ 10 a.m., join us for an Online Safety Awareness Class presented by Linda Falkenthal. Credit and debit cards are still not safe from fraud. Linda will provide some insight on how the RIDF scams work and what you can do to protect yourself online and in public.
Friday, November 10th @ 11 a.m. Roy Kiefer and company will present a new flag for the Senior Center. Join us for this special ceremony as we celebrate our veterans, their families and those currently serving in the armed forces. Later on at 1 p.m., we will take the bus over for a tour of the SLV Museum.
Seniors travel to Santa Claran on Tuesday, November 14th. This is a really fun casino and I can’t promise you will win money, but your will have a great time!
Weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not and include:
* 8:30 am Coffee Hour.
* Billiards – tournament team competition / free play.
* Craft Projects – November 14th & 28th @ 10 a.m.
* “Write Your Story” class each Monday through December 11th @ 10 a.m.
* Line Dancing with Karen Stills each Tuesday @ 10 a.m.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Free 5 Point ear acupuncture each Wed @ 10:30 a.m. for those 50 and over.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture each Tuesday @ 10:30 a.m. for veterans and immediate family.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Chair Yoga – Fridays @ 10 a.m.
* Chess - Thursdays @ 1 p.m.
* Daily transportation for seniors from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining at the center, etc. In case of inclement weather, please call the center for information regarding a possible closure or time delay, 719-589-3277. If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m.