I’m so thankful to be able to provide the seniors in our community the opportunity for transportation and also thankful for the wonderful driver we have in Joe Santisteven. He arrives each morning singing a song and maintains a joyful demeanor throughout the day. Our precious passengers call him respectful, loving, kind, generous, flexible, understanding, reliable, humorous and always a gentleman.
We are so blessed to have you, Joe! Thank you for being a part of the Alamosa Senior Citizens and mostly for being You!
If you would like a fun trip out of the Valley, join us Wednesday, July 25th as we travel to the Ohkay Casino! Please call 719-589-3277 soon to make your reservation.
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not.
Please come and join us!
* Billiards Play.
* Coffee social hour @ 8 am.
* Puzzle construction.
* M, W & F Strong Bones with Mary Ellen Fleming @ 9:30 a.m.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Tai Chi with Lyn Johnson Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. throughout the summer and Wednesdays @ 5:30 p.m. The Wed. class is free to members of the Alamosa Senior Citizens and $10 per class for all others.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture conducted by Rick Wertz each Tuesday @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over. Those who participate note less stress & anxiety, & better sleep.
* Knitting/Crocheting group meets each Monday throughout the summer @ 10:30 a.m. and the Mah Jongg group @ 1 p.m.
* Linda Falkenthal is here each Friday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. to help with your computer, smart phone or tablet needs. Call to sign up for a session.
* No Chair Yoga this Friday, July 20th. There will be yoga on the 27th and then no classes during the month of August.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors 60 and over between 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining and participating in events at the Center, etc.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person.
We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 719-589-3277.