“Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we’ve ever known.” — Ronald Reagan
Thursday, March 15th is the last day deposits will be accepted for the Mackinac Island, Michigan trip. The trip runs from June 21st - 27th. Cost is $1,949 per person for a double and $2,449 for a single. The folks who have taken this trip tell me that it is exceptional! There are no motorized vehicles allowed so transportation consists of horse drawn carriages, bicycles or your feet. It’s a place where time stands still, tranquility fills the air and it seems as though you have left the worries of the real world behind. Please call (719-589-3277) to sign up and to receive more detailed information!
The next casino excursion will be on Tuesday, March 20th to Santa Claran. Space is limited so sign up now to secure your reservation!
Looking ahead…. Friday, April 27th the Alamosa Senior Citizens will host a Ladies Spring Tea and Fashion Show @ 2 p.m. The cost is $5 and will enter you in a drawing for several outstanding prizes! Our special feature consists of a Vintage Hat and Jewelry Fashion Show modeled by some lovely Jr. High Ladies from Centauri Middle School including Amaya Garcia-White Buffalo. Amaya is the current reigning Miss Colorado Jr. High School America 2018 and has volunteered here at the Center on several occasions. If you have a splendid hat (or 2) or any jewelry that you would like to see modeled, please call me. You don’t have to bring them until the day before or the day of the tea.
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not.
* Billiards Play.
* Puzzle construction.
* Line Dancing with Karen Stills Tuesdays @ 10 a.m. through March.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Tai Chi with Lyn Johnson takes place each Monday through May 21st @ 10 a.m.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture conducted by Rick Wertz each Tuesday @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over.
* Knitting/Crocheting group meets each Wednesday @ 11 a.m. and the Mah Jongg group @ 1pm.
* Linda Falkenthal is here each Friday from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. helping with your computer, smart phone or tablet needs. Call to sign up for a session.
* Chair Yoga led by Chayne Boutilette on Fridays @ 10 a.m. (There will be no chair yoga during the month of April)
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining at the Center, etc.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 719-589-3277.