What an enjoyable time we had last Friday! Attendance was excellent and so was the tea, food, fashion show and fellowship! Thanks so much to Lolly’s Sweet Shop, North River Green House and The Green Spot for donating some really cool door prizes. Thank you Theresa Rudder, Mabel Cotton and Tawney Becker for donating the amazing vintage dresses, hats, jewelry & purses for our special fashion show! And a big thank you to Amaya Garcia-White Buffalo, Abbey Smith, Alyssa Ruybal, Janessa DeHerrera, Mia Garcia and Areana DeHerrera from Centauri Middle School for modeling the items! You all demonstrate that special spirit of volunteerism that we admire and appreciate so much!
If you would like to experience the benefits of improved mental clarity, focus, sleep, mood and outlook, increased energy, reduced stress, anxiety and irritability; then join us on Tuesdays @ 9:30 a.m. for a free acupuncture clinic. Rick Wertz offers 5 point ear acupuncture to seniors age 50 and over and veterans and their spouses. No need to call ahead to register, just drop by.
Join us for Tai Chi each Monday at 10 a.m. This is a free class and the benefits are numerous.
Crafts picks up again this Wednesday, May 2nd @ 10 a.m. and Chair Yoga resumes this Friday, May 4th @ 10 a.m. Be sure to call 24 hours in advance if you would like for us to pick you up for these fun and healthy activities.
Our Facebook page is now being administered by Linda Falkenthal and she is doing a wonderful job of keeping it updated. Please join our group @ Alamosa senior citizens center. Thanks Linda!
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not.
* Billiards Play.
* Puzzle construction.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Tai Chi with Lyn Johnson takes place each Monday through May 21st @ 10 a.m.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture conducted by Rick Wertz each Tuesday @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over.
* Knitting/Crocheting group meets each Wednesday @ 11 a.m. and the Mah Jongg group @ 1pm.
* Linda Falkenthal is here each Friday from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. helping with your computer, smart phone or tablet needs. Call to sign up for a session.
* Chair Yoga will resume Friday, May 4th at 10 a.m.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining and participating in events at the Center, etc.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 719-589-3277.