ALAMOSA — Please consider joining us on our next group tour to beautiful Mackinac Island in Michigan. The trip runs from June 21st - 27th. We are partnering with Falcon Tours. Mackinac Island is truly the “all natural” theme park of America. Limited to transportation of horse and buggy, bicycle or foot, surrounded by water, it has escaped the vast changes of time. When you step off of the Island Ferry Dock, you will be in a living Victorian village. There is no place more beautiful that Mackinac Island in the spring. The lilacs are in full bloom and the entire town is exploding with beautiful flowers! Please call for more detailed information.
The Wednesday Senior Center Crochet/Knitting Group has taken off and they are having a blast! The group meets @ 11 a.m. Bring your current project and any questions you may have. This group is for the experienced, those looking for some pointers or anyone wishing to learn. Some very knowledgeable and experienced folks are there to help.
The Mah Jongg, group has also been very well attended. It takes place each Wednesday @ 1 p.m. Mah Jongg is a game that helps to keep your brain sharp and supercharged! I don’t think I have ever heard so much laughter coming from the conference room! Come and join in on the fun!
Linda Falkenthal has started up computer consultation classes and has openings each Friday at 11 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. Please call to schedule your time with her. She is available to help with smart phones, tablets, computers and software.
The next senior excursion takes place Wednesday, January 24th to Ohkay Casino. The bus leaves the Center @ 7:45 a.m. Call to reserve your place!
Looking ahead into February, we will be hosting An Evening of Elegance Black Tie event. Join us on February 9th @ 6:30 p.m. for a 3 course dinner consisting of Caesar Salad/House Salad, Prime Rib, Baked Potato, Asparagus Spears, Raspberry Sorbet & complimentary Red or White wine. Event includes a 5 song silent auction with entertainment provided by Randy Macy & Corliss Taylor Dunn. Price is $30 per person and reservations are required. This promises to be a special evening and seating is limited to 40 persons. Give us a call to reserve your place soon!
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not.
* Billiards – tournament team competition / daily free play.
* Puzzles construction.
* Line Dancing with Karen Stills resumed Tuesday, January 9th @ 10 a.m. and continues on through March.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture each Tuesday, @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Chair Yoga on Fridays @ 10 a.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining at the Center, etc. In case of inclement weather, please call the center for information regarding a possible closure or time delay, 719-589-3277.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. There are many opportunities to volunteer your help and we love and appreciate our volunteers!! We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m.