Wednesday, April 25th is not only my wonderful dad’s birthday (love you, Dad!), but also Administrative Professionals Day. This is where Abby Lucero comes in. I wish everyone had an Abby in their lives! She is the best assistant (& friend) ever! She is kind, thoughtful, cheerful, positive, efficient, reliable, bubbly and caring. This is the short list. The long list wouldn’t fit in this article! Thank you, Abby, for all you do for us here at the Senior Center. We are blessed to have you!
If you would like to experience the benefits of improved mental clarity, focus, sleep, mood and outlook, increased energy, reduced stress, anxiety and irritability; then join us on Tuesdays @ 9:30 a.m. for a free acupuncture clinic. Rick Wertz offers 5 point ear acupuncture to seniors age 50 and over and veterans and their spouses. No need to call ahead to register, just drop by.
Please join us Friday, April 27th for the Alamosa Senior Citizens Ladies Spring Tea and Fashion Show. The event takes place @ 2 p.m. The cost is $5 which will enter you in a drawing for several outstanding prizes! Our special feature consists of Vintage items (hats, dresses, purses & jewelry) modeled by some special young ladies from Centauri Middle School.
Our Facebook page is now being administered by Linda Falkenthal and she is doing a wonderful job of keeping it updated. Please join our group @ Alamosa senior citizens center. Thanks Linda!
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not.
* Billiards Play.
* Puzzle construction.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Tai Chi with Lyn Johnson takes place each Monday through May 21st @ 10 a.m.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture conducted by Rick Wertz each Tuesday @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over.
* Knitting/Crocheting group meets each Wednesday @ 11 a.m. and the Mah Jongg group @ 1 p.m.
* Linda Falkenthal is here each Friday from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. helping with your computer, smart phone or tablet needs. Call to sign up for a session.
* Chair Yoga will resume Friday, May 4th at 10 a.m.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining and participating in events at the center, etc.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 719-589-3277.