DENVER — Speaker designate KC Becker, D-Boulder, appointed the chairs, vice chairs, and other Democratic members of all 11 House committees of reference. Speaker designate Becker appointed nine new committee chairs and reorganized various committees:
The list of committee vice-chairs has many new faces:
• Rep. Donald Valdez, D-La Jara: vice chair of the Rural Affairs Committee
• Rep.-elect Yadira Caraveo, D-Thornton: vice-chair of the Health and Insurance Committee
• Rep. Tony Exum Sr., D-Colorado Springs: vice-chair of Transportation and Local Government
• Rep.-elect Bri Buentello, D-Pueblo: vice-chair of the Education Committee
• Rep.-elect Sonya Jaquez Lewis, D-Longmont: vice-chair of the State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee
• Rep. Leslie Herod: vice chair of the Judiciary Committee
• Caucus Chair Rep. Edie Hooton, D-Boulder: vice-chair of the Energy and Environment Committee
• Deputy Caucus Chair Rep. Dafna Michaelson Jenet, D-Commerce City: vice-chair of the Public Health Care and Human Services Committee.
Speaker-designate Becker announced her intention to reorganize a number of the House Committees:
• The Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee has been renamed the Rural Affairs Committee.
• There will be a newly created Energy and Environment Committee.
• The Health Insurance and Environment Committee has been renamed the Health and Insurance Committee.
• The Transportation and Energy Committee will be condensed and merged with the Local Government Committee to form the Transportation and Local Government Committee.
In addition to serving as vice chairman of the Rural Affairs Committee Rep. Valdez, D-La Jara all serve on the Transportation and Local Government Committee.