What a fun time we had last Friday at the Christmas dance! Thanks Bernal and Alex! You guys are the BEST! We’ll be planning for one in January so be watching for dates!
If you hold accounts at the San Luis Valley Federal Bank, please consider the Alamosa Senior Citizens when you cast your vote during their Spirit of Giving Program! Bank members may cast one vote for each account held at the bank. We sure do appreciate you thinking of us!
Joy Plesner and Kathy Vest will treat us to a mini Christmas violin performance on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.!
Thursday, December 13th @ 10 a.m., the SLV Veteran’s Coalition will present the S.A.V.E (Suicide Prevention) Training Program. This video presentation was designed to equip anyone who interacts with veterans to demonstrate care, support and compassion when talking with a veteran who could be at risk for suicide. S.A.V.E. which stands for Signs, Ask, Validate, Encourage and Expedite, offers simple steps anyone – whether a treatment provider, clinician, friend or family member – can take when talking with Veterans at risk for suicide. There will be time for discussion as well.
The following weekly activities are for all seniors whether you are a member or not. Please come and join us! And if you suggestions for new classes, please let us know!
* Billiards Play.
* Coffee social hour @ 8:30 a.m.
* Puzzle construction.
* M, W & F Strong Bones @ 9:30 a.m.
* Tuesdays @ 10 a.m., line dancing with Karen Stills.
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members. $2 fee for non-members.
* Tai Chi with Lyn Johnson Wednesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. and Thursday evenings @ 5:30 p.m.
* Free 5 point ear acupuncture conducted by Rick Wertz each Tuesday @ 9:30 a.m. for veterans and seniors 50 & over. Those who participate note less stress & anxiety, & better sleep.
* Sewing Group (includes Knitting, Crocheting, Quilting and anything you want to work on) meets each Wednesday @ 10:30 am and the Mah Jongg group @ 1 p.m.
* Rock Painting Group meets each Thursday @ 10 a.m.! You may join in at any time!
* No Chair Yoga for the month of December!
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Daily transportation is available for seniors 60 and over within Alamosa City limits between 9 am – 12:30 p.m. Please call ahead at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride for errands, Dr. visits, grocery shopping, dining and participating in events at the Center, etc.
* If you are not yet a member, please consider joining us! Regular annual membership is $30 per person or for an Ambassador membership $100 per person. We are located at 92 Colorado in Alamosa adjacent to Cole Park. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 719-589-3277.