Man injured in one of two fires

Alamosa firefighters were able to contain a kitchen fire to the stove itself at Juanito’s Mexican Kitchen on Wednesday night. A pot left on a stove was cited as the cause according to Chief Don Chapman.

ALAMOSA – Local firefighters have had a busy month according to Fire Chief Don Chapman, including two structure fires in less than 12 hours, one of which resulted in severe burns to a male individual. Alamosa Fire was called to Juanito’s Mexican Kitchen about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday where fire had broken out in the kitchen while the establishment was vacant. Chapman said a pot had been left on the stove with a burner on.

'The fire was contained to the stove itself, but the restaurant received smoke and some heat damage including a broken window. Firefighters were only on scene for about an hour. About seven hours later, firefighters were called to a mobile home fire at the intersection of County Road 107 and Malouff Road. The home was believed to be unoccupied and undergoing some renovation, Chapman said, but a male individual was found outside with severe burns to his hands and face and was transferred to SLV Health. His condition is unknown.

Advertisement


Video News
More In Home