San Luis Valley shares Halloween activities
VALLEY — Several events are scheduled over the Halloween holiday in the San Luis Valley including the following:
- The Alamosa High School After Prom Committee is hosting a haunted house at the high school on Friday, Oct. 27 and Saturday, Oct. 28 from 6:30-11 p.m. both nights. Cost is $5 and will go toward this year’s After Prom party to keep Alamosa High School students safe following prom. Entrance will be through the north door, near the stadium. Please help support this great cause.
- The public is welcome to bring their trick or treaters to the Orthopedics Clinic at San Luis Valley Health at 2115 Stuart Avenue, Alamosa between 4-6 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31.
- A benefit Haunted House will be held this weekend and Halloween night, Oct. 27th, 28th and 31st, from 7 to 11 p.m. each night at 701 San Juan Avenue behind the Green Spot in Alamosa. All proceeds go to provide free warm clothes to the homeless and less fortunate in the community.
- Living Water Bible Fellowship will be hosting their annual Harvest
Party, October 31, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Enjoy free family fun: games, prizes, candy and dinner. Costumes welcome, please no masks.
- The Adams State University Art League presents The Terrifying Tales of Stephen King Haunted House from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27; and 6 p.m. until 12 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, in the Art Building. The Haunted House entrance is located in the north entrance to the Art Department, located on 401 Richardson Ave. Tickets are $6 for adults; $4 kids, and $1 discount with donation of a canned food item, for the Food Bank. For information call the Art Department Office at 719-587-7823.
- TSJC-Valley Campus in Alamosa will host “trunk or treat” from 4 p.m. until the candy runs out on October 31 in the campus parking lot. Decorated trunks are welcome.
- North River Greenhouse, 1155 Seventh Street, Alamosa, hosts its 3rd Annual Pumpkin Festival from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28. Enjoy a day of fun activities including pumpkin decorating, straw maze, games, bouncy house, pumpkin recipes and popcorn. Cost is $11 per child.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of the San Luis Valley are hosting a haunted house at 1115 10th Street, Alamosa, on Saturday, Oct. 28, from 5-7 p.m. for kids and 7-11 p.m. for adults and on Tuesday, Oct. 31, from 7-10 p.m. Cost is $5 or $3 + can of food.
- Sugar skulls, music and dancing, paper flower making, and food will all be included in the Day of the Dead Celebration from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Alamosa, hosted by the Adams State University Spanish Program and Spanish Club, El Parnaso, and the Sacred Heart Church. This year the celebration will offer a number of activities for families attending including traditional food tasting, altars display, dances, sugar skulls decoration, face painting, and more.
- Tu Casa’s fundraiser Zombie Run will be held on Saturday, Oct. 28, at Cole Park, Alamosa, with registration from 2:30-3 p.m. The 5K begins at 3 p.m. Dress up for the run/walk and obstacle course. Preregister to Michelle, 589-2465. Cost for the 5K is $30, adults ages 16 and up or $20 for children ages 15 and under. Obstacle course is $5 per person.
- Families are invited to trick-or-treat with the residents at Evergreen Nursing Home, 1991 Carroll Street, and San Luis Care Center, 240 Craft Drive, Alamosa, from 4-6 p.m. on October 31. Come dressed in your favorite costumes.
- All are invited to a Fall Block Party with giveaways, food and games at 5 p.m. October 31 at 2602 Clark Street, Alamosa. A drawing for a children’s bike will occur at 7 p.m., must be present to win.
- The Alamosa Police Department is once again hosting Fright Fest at Cole Park, Alamosa, from 3 p.m. until dark on October 31.
Trunk or treat at Jimi’s Bar & Grill in Capulin from 6-9 p.m. on October 31. All are welcome.
In CONEJOS COUNTY
Please join in a pumpkin carving contest at the La Jara and Antonito libraries on Saturday, October 28 starting at 10 a.m. Bring carving tools, and an adult to help, and the libraries will bring the pumpkins.
Creede Repertory Theatre will host a spooky Halloween Boomtown! Show to benefit the Desantos family who lost their home in a fire. The show will be held at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28 in the Ruth Humphreys Brown Theatre. Tickets are $10. Call 719-658-2540 or see www.creederep.org
In DEL NORTE
Wildwood Sounds, 850 Grande Ave., Del Norte, presents Bone Orchard Halloween Show & Dance, featuring folk rock, on Friday, October 27, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15. Call 657-4757 or see wildwoodsounds.com
In MONTE VISTA
Rocktoberfest will be held again this year from 6:30-9 p.m. on October 31 at the Ski Hi complex in Monte Vista. This is a free event to give kids a safe place to go and have fun on Halloween night with food, games, bucking machine, carnival booths, rock climbing wall, bounce houses and of course candy.
In SOUTH FORK
Join in a trunk or treat event from 4-6 p.m. on October 31 at South Fork Fire Rescue, 0028 Mall Street, South Fork.