SANFORD — The Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a nonprofit educational association of high school student members who are interested in careers in business enterprise. FBLA helps high school students develop leadership abilities and confidence in high stress buisness situations. Members of FBLA learn how to engage in business enterprise, how to direct the dealings of a group, and how to honorably compete in competitive events. These activities help students develop critical thinking skills, be better employees, and better citizens. Participation in FBLA can have a direct impact on the direction and success of a young person’s career.
Sanford FBLA students have worked hard this year to qualify and participate at the Colorado FBLA State Leadership Conference in Denver this spring. This annual competition allows qualifying members to participate in numerous competitive events, attend leadership development seminars, and participate in professional development sessions. Only those students who have placed first through third during the District Conference are eligible to attend the CO State Leadership Conference. Those who qualify at state competition will have the opportunity to advance further to the National Leadership Conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas this coming summer.
Sanford Schools would like to congratulate this year’s FBLA Members on their great achievements at districts. Top honors at District Competition includes:
* Accounting 1- Clay Canty Placed 1st
* Computer Applications- Chelsea Edgar Placed 1st
* E-Business – Shallyn Smith, Abbey Sittler, and Mackenzie Peterson Placed 1st
* Electronic Career Portfolio- Haley Faucette Placed 1st
* Graphic Design – Ariel Caldon, Harmony Peterson, and Josie Peterson Placed 1st
* Intrro. to Business Presentations – Asia Caldon, Cheyanne Caldon, and Riley Canty Placed 1st
* Publication Design –Dalton Gartrell, Nykia Ruvolo, and Sierra Scheibe Placed 1st
* Spreadsheets Application – Lauren Canty Placed 2nd
* E-Business- Max Salazar, Gavyn Smith, and Kelton Gartrell Placed 2nd
* Electronic Career Portfolio – Hayley Crowther Placed 2nd
* Emerging Business Issues – Thomas Faucette and Clay Canty Placed 2nd
* Emerging Business Issues – Jakob Peterson, Chase Holman, and Thad Jackson Placed 3rd
* Personal Finance – Jakob Peterson Placed 3rd
* Database Design and Applications- Dalton Gartrell placed 3rd
Congratulations to all FBLA members and best of luck on your state endeavors.