Saw dust fire creates a scare


The smell of smoke is one of the biggest fears for owner Randy Jackson and his crew at Rustic Log Furniture just west of Alamosa. A saw dust collection bin caught fire around 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon but was quickly extinguished by Alamosa firefighters after the bin was pulled away from the building by company workers. Jackson theorizes that a screw or some other piece of metal may have come loose and created a spark that ignited the highly flammable dust.

A fire extinguishing system is in place inside the building, but Jackson thinks the fire started outside the building. Shown assisting two AFD firefighters are assistant chief Tony Bobicki, left, and training officer Paul Duarte, right.

More In News