RIO GRANDE COUNTY — The Shaw Creek Rest Area is closed for repairs. The closure is expected to be in place for the entire week, July 12-16. A complete closure of the facility is required for the safety of the public, maintenance crews and contractors. Maintenance personnel are attempting to make needed repairs as quickly as possible, in time for weekend travel.
All restroom and water amenities are closed. No vehicles are allowed in the rest area. Commercial trucks cannot park in the rest area.
The popular rest area is located on US Highway 160 between South Fork and Del Norte at approximately mile point 191.5.
Know Before You Go
Travelers are urged to “know before you go.” Gather information about weather forecasts, anticipated travel impacts, and current road conditions prior to hitting the road. CDOT resources include:
· Road conditions and travel information: www.COtrip.org
· Sign up for project or travel alerts: bit.ly/COalerts
· See scheduled lane closures: codot.gov/travel/scheduled-lane-closures.html
· Check avalanche conditions at CAIC: www.avalanche.state.co.us
· Connect on social media: Twitter @coloradodot and Facebook facebook.com/coloradodot